Twenty Six Loyalist College Photojournalism students are in Toronto today documenting the 100th anniversary of the Grey Cup, part of a documentary photography and writing for photojournalists class project. Under the guidance of faculty members Patti Gower, Scott Whalen and Frank O’Connor, students have been working in conjunction with the Grey Cup Festival Committee all week long covering festival events in and around Toronto. With only two students accredited inside the stadium, coverage will concentrate on fans and activities surrounding the Rogers Centre. We will be posting images from the festival beginning with events of last night and earlier today.
TORONTO, Ont, (25/11/12) – Myles Goodwyn of Myles Goodwyn and April Wine performing at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre Saturday night as part of the celebration for the 100th Grey Cup Festival. Photo by Benjamin Priebe.
- TORONTO, Ont. (25/11/12) – Richard Lanthier, bassist and vocals for Myles Goodwyn and April Wine performs at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre Saturday night in celebration of the 100th Grey Cup Festival. Photo by Benjamin Priebe.
TORONTO, Ont. (24/11/12) — Brian Greenway, vocals and guitarist for Myles Goodwyn and April Wine. The band performed at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre Saturday night as part of the 100th Grey Cup festivities. Photo by Melyssa Gloude
1:54 p.m. Former Ottawa Rough Rider Russ Jackson raises the Grey Cup as he brings the trophy into the University of Toronto’s Varsity Stadium before the start of the inaugural fan parade. Photo by Justin Tang
3:30 p.m.- Father and son Argo fans Darrin son Dallas Ward make their way to the Rogers Centre armed with their own Grey Cup. The tickets were a last minute surprise from father to son. (Photo by Julia McKay
2:06 p.m. — The Grey Cup is carried out of the University of Toronto’s Varsity Stadium by fan Matthew. The Grey Cup was carried for the first time by fans from the stadium, through the streets of Toronto, to the Rogers Centre. Photo by Justin Tang
- 3:37 p.m. The Norval family celebrates on Front St. in Toronto on their way to the 100th Grey Cup, cheering for their team The Toronto Argonauts. Photo by Kayleen Preston
TORONTO, Ont. (25/11/2012) – 5:15 p.m.-As the festivities continued before the 100th Grey Cup game, Metro Toronto Police mounted unit Sgt. Kris McCarthy played catch on horseback with some fans on John St. (photo by Kayleen Preston)
- TORONTO, Ont. (25/11/12) 5:45 p.m.Fans of the Montreal Alouettes, from left Stephane Gagnon, Alain Belisle, Michel Belisle, Real Taillon and Richard Binette get ready to entre the Rogers Centre for the big game. Photo by: Laura Boudreau
– 5:40pm – Argo fan Charlene McNair, of Scarborough, is pumped for the Grey Cup game, excited about her front row, end zone seats. Photo by Jessica Nyznik
- – 5:40pm – Charlene McNair, of Scarborough, is decked out head-to-toe in support of the hometown Argos. Photo by Jessica Nyznik
5:50pm- Winnipeg Blue Bomber fan Tyler Soares won his tickets to the Grey Cup game in a national contest. “I came here free! Go Bombers!”
Photo by Gail Paquette
6:15 p.m. Calgary Stampeders fan Wayne Liddell from Lethbridge, Alberta shows his enthusiasm during the 100th Grey Cup in Toronto, Ontario on November 25, 2012. Photo by Marta Iwanek.
6:25 p.m. – Calgary Stampeders fan Mike Gusella (L) tries on Steven Anderson’s Argos hat while friend Ken Brown (centre) watches during the 100th Grey Cup in Toronto, Ontario on November 25, 2012. Photo by Marta Iwanek.
7:35 p.m.- Pat Cooper (left) and Harry Ullrich (right) watched the Argos vs. Stampeders game for the 100th Grey Cup, through the window of a hotel overlooking the Rogers Centre. (photo by Kayleen Preston)
6:55 p.m. Metro Police have a ringside seat as they watch the game on a tv monitor outside the Rogers Centre. Photo by Sandra Kielback
6:15 p.m.– Nicole Dickson is a big Edmonton Eskimos fan and had her team colours on even though the Eskimos did not make it to the Grey Cup. Photo by Patrick Callbeck.